Sometimes a simple side is the best side. Although, to be fair, anything sauteed with garlic and oil is my kind of side. You can literally serve this aside anything, and it comes together pretty quickly.
- 2 small bunches broccolini
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 6 large cloves of garlic
- Kosher salt
- Red pepper flakes, optional
- Bring a large pot of generously salted water to a boil and prepare an ice bath.
- Trim the broccolini stalks, and slice the broccolini in half lengthwise. If the stalks are very large, quarter them.
- Blanch the broccolini, in batches, for 2 minutes.
- Immediately transfer the blanched broccolini to the ice bath, let sit until cooled, then transfer to a paper towel-lined sheet pan to drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large non-stick skillet, combine the oil and garlic.
- Sauté over medium-high heat until the garlic is fragrant and barely begins to brown, for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the broccolini and sauté, tossing to coat with the oil, for 2-3 minutes.
- Season with salt, to taste, and if using, red pepper flakes, to taste. Serve immediately.