Zucchini fries is something that I almost always order when I come across it on a menu. They’re so satisfying – nice and juicy on the inside and crispy on the outside. I like to serve mine with Lemon Basil Aioli, but marinara works, too!
Grab my Lemon Basil Aioli recipe HERE!
- 4 medium zucchini, about 2 pounds
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Kosher salt
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1 ½ cups seasoned breadcrumbs
- Canola oil, for frying
- Lemon Basil Aioli or marinara sauce, for serving
- Fill a large dutch oven, fitted with a candy thermometer, with 2” worth of canola oil and heat over medium-high heat to 325-degrees.
- Clean and thoroughly dry the zucchini and trim off the tops and bottoms.
- Cut each zucchini in half, then cut each half into ¼” thick matchsticks.
- In a shallow bowl, mix the flour with 1 tablespoon until well combined.
- Place the egg and breadcrumbs each into their own shallow bowl.
- Dredge the zucchini in the flour mixture, shaking off any excess.
- Dip the zucchini in the egg, allowing any excess to drip off.
- Coat the zucchini with the breadcrumbs.
- Fry the zucchini, in batches, until golden brown on all sides, for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack to drain and season with salt.
- Serve hot with Lemon Basil Aioli or marinara sauce.