Like cheese? Like beer? Introducing your new game day go-to, Cheesy IPA Fondue. This hoppy and stringy cheese dip pairs perfectly with soft pretzels or tortilla chips. Feel free to swap out the IPA with your favorite brew.
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar, grated
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup IPA
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 6 ounces muenster cheese, grated
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a small bowl, toss the cheddar cheese and the flour until coated.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, bring the IPA to a simmer, add the cream cheese, and use the back of a spoon or a rubber spatula to help break up the cream cheese, stirring until melted.
- Add the muenster and cheddar cheeses and stir to melt; use a whisk to help smooth out any lumps.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve immediately, or transfer to a slow cooker, on the lowest setting, to keep warm.