Did someone say garlic bread? Believe it or not, my parents never really served bread with our dinner, however, every now and then they would make garlic bread as a treat. This version uses both freshly grated and granulated garlic to ensure each bite punches you in the face with garlic flavor!
- ¼ pound 1 stick salted butter, softened
- 4 cloves garlic, grated with a microplane
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon finely grated pecorino cheese
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 loaf Italian bread, preferably semolina
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees and line a half sheet pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix the butter, garlic, garlic powder, pecorino, olive oil and parsley until well combined.
- Halve the bread lengthwise, then halve each half so you have 4 pieces.
- Using a small offset spatula, spread the butter mixture evenly over the cut sides of the bread.
- Place the bread onto the prepared sheet pan and bake until deep golden brown around the edges, crispy on the outside, but still soft in the center, for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Slice into 2” pieces and serve immediately.