If you love chocolate and coffee, this one’s for you. Whether you need a pick me up or are just craving something sweet, these little treats are sure to do the trick. I like to enrobe the truffles with a thin coating of tempered chocolate for a bit of added crunch, but you can roll them in cocoa powder to get them in your mouth quicker!
- 8 ounces high quality dark chocolate, finely chopped (58-65%)
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup cold brew concentrate
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon cold unsalted butter
- Cocoa powder, tempered chocolate or melted candy melts, for coating
- Place the chocolate in a medium sized bowl.
- In a small saucepan heat the heavy cream, cold brew and vanilla extract over medium-high heat until it comes to a full simmer.
- Pour the cream mixture over the chocolate and let sit for 2 minutes, then whisk until smooth.
- Add the butter and stir until completely melted.
- Refrigerate the ganache until fully set, for 2 hours.
- Using a 1 tablespoon-sized scoop, portion the ganache.
- Roll the mounds into balls, refrigerating as necessary if the ganache becomes too soft to work with.
- Coat with tempered chocolate and place on a parchment-lined sheet pan until set.
- Store in the refrigerator. Allow to sit out for 1 hour before serving.