One of the few things I love about summer is watermelon. I can’t think of a more refreshing fruit. As the days get hotter, watermelons get sweeter and juicier. That said, why not treat yourself with this refreshing poolside cocktail?
Get my simple syrup recipe HERE!
- 1 large lime wedge, about ¼ of a lime, plus more for garnish
- 3 large mint leaves, plus more for garnish
- Pinch fine sea salt
- 1 ounce simple syrup
- ½ cup watermelon juice, see note below
- 2 ounces light rum
- ½ cup club soda
- Watermelon slices, for garnish, optional
- Muddle the lime, mint and salt in a cocktail shaker to release the juices and oils.
- Add the simple syrup, watermelon juice and rum.
- Fill the shaker with ice and shake vigorously for 5 to 10 seconds.
- Strain the cocktail into an ice-filled glass.
- Top with the club soda and garnish with mint, lime or watermelon; serve immediately.